The Beerista workshop is designed in collaboration with our brewing partners and delivered by specialists to build excellence and professionalism in beer dispense. Forget ‘line cleaning training’ because this operates on a whole different level.
From £55.00 pp
Book a sessionContact us
Who it’s designed for
Whether this is a refresher for the experienced, or to establish best practice among team members or to train new staff, this workshop offers an essential toolbox.
- Beer ambassadors
- Bar managers
- Bar staff
How to book the Beerista workshop
We offer bespoke training in-house, using your own cellar equipment. We take into account the range of beverages that you sell, the individual and specific challenges provided by your working environment and the overall message that you want to communicate to your staff.
The Beerista workshop is designed and delivered by specialists to build excellence and professionalism in dispense, and to empower staff to take action to resolve quality issues as soon as they happen, safely and effectively.
Tailored to your team’s specific skill levels and unique dispense environment(s), we deliver the workshops on your sites.
- Understand and recognise what quality beer looks and tastes like
- Explain the wider impacts of quality (or lack of it)
- Be able to recognise the signs when there are dispense issues
- Take action to isolate and resolve those causes that are safely within their control
- Be able to conduct a manual line clean (cask and keg)
- Know what ‘clean’ looks like when cleaning lines and nozzles
- Follow a simple daily bar hygiene routine including ice machine and glasswasher care
- Take pride and responsibility for delivering great beer to customers
About the workshop
The workshop is designed in short, punchy sections to aid memory and adoption of new practices, and lasts a total of 5 hours including practical sessions. We distinguish between ‘talking about’ and ‘doing’, and recognise that real performance improvement comes from converting knowledge into behaviour change.
- Practical hands-on experience of diagnosing and resolving dispense quality issues
- Confidence and experience of handling line cleaning chemicals using appropriate health & safety guidelines
- The ability to verify when lines and nozzles are genuinely clean
“The course covers all aspects, from the basics of changing a keg, to how to check and troubleshoot fobbing or flat pints etc.
Avani are very knowledgeable and in the discussion sections you feel that you are working out the solutions yourself, as the trainer guides you.
I’d definitely recommend this workshop. Even if you do know about line cleaning, there are little hints and tips that you can use straight away in the bar.”Lewys Blore – Drinks Procurement, Revolution Bars Group plc
“I’ve been using Avani Solutions since 2015 – not just for line cleaning, but also for team training at the point of induction. Over the course of the 2018 season, we’ve so far seen a yield increase of 0.6% on a multi million pound operation consisting of 8 outlets.
Our tech support callouts to the brewery have seen a sharp decline as most of the Avani Team tend to be ex techies themselves, meaning that we can often catch issues before they happen.
Here at DC, we’re looking forward to kicking off 2019 with another fantastic “Beerista” session with our new & returning team members!”Jonny Green, Retail Manager – Bourne Leisure Ltd
Participants who are able to demonstrate a successful application of learning through doing will receive a Beerista Certificate.