Beer Quality Technician – South England
We are a leading player in the hospitality industry, known for delivering high quality beer dispense hygiene products, services and technical solutions. We work to high standards and are looking for motivated individuals to join our growing team.
Our purpose is to raise the bar on beer quality, and our aim is that one day every draft beer served will be excellent.
What does that mean to someone working as part of the Avani team?
You’ll be comfortable with uncertainty and change, and you’ll see problems as learning opportunities. You’ll be a self-starter, disciplined to tackle the important as well as the urgent, and you’ll never leave a job half-done. That means you’re a resourceful problem-solver. But more important than all of that, you’ll be great with people. Because even though your role is technical, you’re all about solving problems to their complete satisfaction.
About the role
In your region*, you’ll be responsible for providing beer dispense hygiene and maintenance solutions for a wide range of licensed outlets, reporting to Head of Technical Sales. As part of your role you will be required to build and maintain rapport with your customers while at the same time conducting detailed and accurate audits on sites using a strong attention to detail. The role is highly practical and you will be providing full dispense system cleans to an exceptional standard. You will be responsible for managing your time efficiently and for ensuring customer reports are submitted accurately and in a timely manner. The role will require travel within the region. A fully equipped van is supplied with the role.
We work Monday – Friday. Not Weekends
Key Responsibilities of the role
- Be an ambassador for Avani, acting in accordance with the brand values and ethos of the business
- Act responsibly and in line with H&S regulations in the handling of hazardous chemicals
- Solve dispense hygiene related problems quickly and decisively
- Provide technical solutions and high quality installations
- Liaise with colleagues and trade partners in a collaborative way
- Build rapport and manage customer relationships
- Compile reports and formulate recommendations for increased efficiencies
- Continually look for ways to learn and improve self and systems
- Be willing to try new things, adapt and flex according to new challenges
- Share learning and know-how with others
- Actively contribute to making customers happy
- Manage inventory
- Have fun
Minimum requirements (MUST-HAVES, NOT NICE-TO-HAVES)
- At least 3 years bar/cellar management OR experience in technical drinks dispense
- Full clean UK driving licence
- Good standard of written and spoken English
- Computer literacy, particularly with Excel and Word
- Excellent communication skills
Territory*: Ideally based in the area of Southampton, your area covers Hampshire, Dorset, West Sussex and the IOW.
To apply for this role:
Please submit a copy of your CV and covering letter by email to the attention of Amanda Thomson at Amanda@avanisolutions.co.uk
Posted: 12th May 2021